Thursday, April 15, 2010

beaded Paris Night lace ....




I just finished this beaded lace scarf....well they start out as scarves, but I always make them a bit larger...we can go ahead and call this a wrap or a shawl...I used 1 skein of Paris Night Malabrigo Lace...usually I would never use such a highly sought after color because I always put my customers' wants and desires ahead of my own...in my defense though, there were about 12 skeins of Paris Night lace on the shelf when I decided to use this one .....I did the bead work myself...I know you can't really see the beads in the pictures, but there are about 1,000 seed beads hand strung onto this project...half gunmetal and half clear with silver lining...it took 5 days (about 2 hours per day) just to string the beads, but the end result justifies the time spent...the pattern is called the "Phoenix" and I found it in a great sampler box called "Lace Knitting *to go", by Andrea Tung ...the small box has 25 different lace patterns to choose from...they are really just 25 lace swatches and you design your own project from the swatches...my kind of project simply because I don't like being told what to do...I used about 3/4 of the 470 yard skein and worked with size 5 straights....the finished item is about 7 feet long and 15" wide ....my sister Stephanie will be the proud new owner of this wrap...what to knit next??? ....I'm thinking big triangle lace shawl, but you'll all just have to wait and see!

1 comment: