Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sonoma Vineyard Wrap




This, my latest piece, has been dubbed the "Sonoma Vineyard Wrap" .....I knitted it for my younger brother's wife, Layne, who I made a semi-drunken promise to at my sister Stephanie's wedding this past May.....I thought it would be appropriate since the pattern is actually called the "vineyard" lace pattern and Layne does actually live in Sonoma ....it was knitted with size 4's using Plymouth Buckingham (a super soft fingering weight blend of 80% baby alpaca and 20% silk) ....I got the pattern from the "Lace Knitting * to go" swatch book ...I've mentioned this great book of lace swatches before in previous posts ....you pick your swatch and make your own item around it...the fringe can't be seen in the pics, but I threw some tassels on the ends of this delicate piece for a little added drape and flair....the wrap is about 7 feet in length after blocking ....it was quick (about 15-20 hours) and fun to make, with pattern work on the knitted side only ..... it will drape nicely over Layne's shoulders as she sips her favorite wine at the Swiss ... or, with a few wraps, keep her neck warm when she takes Shep for a walk in the morning ....hope you like it, Layne! ....love ya...Darrell

2 comments:

  1. Well, I just received the Sonoma Vineyard Wrap, and the picture does not do it justice. It is absolutely gorgeous! I cannot believe Darrell created this wrap in 15-20 hours! Unbelievable. I feel so special to have had Darrell make this for me, maybe I should hang out with him when he is drinking more often ;-) And while I will wear this enjoying a delicious glass of wine in downtown Sonoma, it is much too pretty and delicate for a Shep walk!
    Darrell rocks, lots of love, Layne.

    ReplyDelete