Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Last Installment of the Strangled Vine (not a Nancy Drew mystery)

You will all be happy to know that the Strangled Vine scarf is "in the can," as they say in Hollywood. It is easy enough for timid lace knitters, and if you put stitch markers between the pattern repeats, you can fix a lot of mistakes before moving on. I really need that, as a process knitter. My idea of fun is just putting my needles in and ignoring a pattern altogether. It is much more Zen for me that way; however, I have taken enough razzing from Darrell that I must prove that I am capable of turning out something that one of our customers, (Liz, you know who I am talking about) does not have the uncontrollable urge to rip out and reknit in my absence. OMG, I coined a new word. Now we have "reknitters" as well as "regifters."

I have to say that knitting the twisted scarf with Art Yarns Beaded Silk and Mohair was one of my favorite projects. That yarn is to die for and in the twisted pattern it really shows how glitzy and bling bling you can make a scarf.

I know you're all thinking that scarves are all that I make; however, there is a felted vest (made with Malabrigo worsted), a kimono, which you see me wearing in our website photos (made with Plymouth Yarn edged with Gread Adirondak Gossamer, and very easy), a sweater made with Malabrigo Chunky (the softest most comfortable and WARM sweater), socks galore, and many more items. You know how it is, you give things away and forget everything you have accomplished as a knitter, knowing there are happy recipients who either "regift them" or happily wear them, never knowing how long you labored over it, and how many times you had to rewind the ball after the dog tore it up.

So now, on to other projects. I would love your ideas on what you plan to knit for spring and summer, and, once again, let us know what you would like us to carry in the store for your enjoyment.

Don't forget we have Addi Turbo circulars now, and Skacel Mosco with pattern books very reasonably priced using that yarn. In addition, we are now carrying Skacel's Trekker sock yarn, and believe me, this Winter, we all need a pair of those.

Happy knitting (or "reknitting", whatever the case may be.

The Queen Ewe

No comments:

Post a Comment