Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pictures, be forgiving.




Hello, to all of you who are buried somewhere underneath the snow in the East, and to the rest of you, who have either been rained on or snowed on for days. "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...etc."
I want to thank all of those who have accepted our invitation to join us on facebook. I have, of course, being a woman, read all of the messages, and felt I must put pictures on the blog of, not only the Strangled Vine scarf, but also the easier, Feather and Fan lace scarf, knitted in Plymouth Cashmere and merino. Please be forgiving, as I took them with my cell phone camera and the quality is not as clear as I would like them to be. It will, however, give you some idea of what the finished product looks like, and in the hands of a better knitter, it is really great. I really like the way the pattern turned out, and if you are not distracted ( live alone in retirement, or in a cloister, or monastery) this will be a piece of cake. It's not so great if you are dodging schnauzers. Of note, the pups have been signed up for two weeks of boot camp, but I'll be long gone and back in Kanab by then. I wonder what they'll look like with their heads shaved and a fatigue hat.

Tomorrow I return to the land of the red rocks, and the town with two traffic lights, my son Darrell,two grandchildren, and my two dogs, Lola, the English Bulldog, and Bear, my 108 lb. yellow lab. OH, and Fred, the only species (parrot) that talks more than my ex mother-in-law.

Here are the pictures. We have about 12 balls of the Skacel Mosco left, but any DK weight will do. Try the Malabrigo DK. I was thinking how beautiful this scarf would be knitted up with that. As a side note, I am now knitting the Russula Cap (free on Ravelry) to match the Strangled Vine scarf. Notice it is not made out of lace. Zen is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment