Saturday, February 6, 2010

My latest projects...






I've been receiving a steady flow of pressure to get pics of these items on the blog....the lace scarf (Classic Elite pattern "Silky Alpaca Lace Scarf")was knitted with 1 skein of Bergundy Malabrigo Lace...I strung my own beads onto the yarn before knitting...I used about 250 sterling silver, 250 garnet pressed glass, and 150 Swarovsky crystals...stringing the beads on was not a simple task becasue I chose to use such small beads (1.5 mil to 2.5 mil), but the finished product was well worth the extra effort...the big shawl is the Luna Moth shawl...I used about 900 yards of Redwood Bark Malabrigo Silky Merino DK and a size 6 circular needle....both of these projects were fairly simple as far as lace knitting goes...I would encourage anyone to try a simple lace project at least once...the finished items are always so delicate and stunning that you can't help but get hooked on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment